The Puppy Primer Patricia McConnell, Ph.D
The Puppy Primer
Engaging, humorous and user-friendly, The Puppy Primer describes a six-week program to get you and your puppy off on the right paw. Designed for puppies under five months of age (see Family Friendly Dog Training for older dogs), you’ll learn how to create the foundation your pup needs to become a well-adjusted and well-behaved member of the family. Here’s what you can look forward to learning with your puppy:
- How to make training fun for BOTH you and your puppy
- How to teach basic cues including Sit, Down, Come, Heel, Stay
- Simple steps for house and crate training
- How to use positive reinforcement without spoiling your puppy
- What to do when adolescence strikes!
Patricia McConnell, Ph.D., a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (CAAB), has made a lifelong commitment to improving the relationship between people and animals. She is known worldwide as an expert on canine and feline behavior and dog training, and for her engaging and knowledgeable dog training books, DVDs and seminars.
Clear and engaging, Patricia's books & DVDs are invaluable resources for professionals and dog lovers alike. If your dog could, she'd beg you to get some