What the heck is a snuffle mat? It's a fabric multi layer food puzzle for your dog. Instead of dumping their dry dog food in a boring bowl you sprinkle it in the folds of the fabric and let your dog find it.
How do I clean it? You don't really need to unless your dog is extra drooly or someone spills liquid on it. Most of the time you can keep it clean with options 1 and 2.
1. Pick it up, turn it over and shake it.
2. Vacuum with your hose attachment
3. Hand wash in the sink and air dry
4. Wash in washing machine but DON'T USE THE DRYER. Let it air dry.
"My dog will chew it up"
You may need to teach your dog how to use it. Just like you teach children how to play board games you can teach them how to play with a toy without destroying it. If they start chewing on it take it away.
Keep these tips in mind
1. If they are actively getting food from the toy there is no benefit or desire to eat the fabric. Only when it's empty will you find dogs wanting to eat the fabric.
2. Don't leave it down for the dog all the time. Present for dinner time and then pick it up.
Ditch the dog bowl because dump and run isn't any fun!!
Are you a dog trainer?
Interested in my bulk purchasing option or referral program?
Click the button below for additional info!